How can you use this service for yourself and your students?
- Follow professional development topics you are interested in
- Current events your class is following
- Scientific developments on specific topics
- Local news stories
- Fun articles to share with your students
- Educational news and developments
- Follow individual leaders, politicians, artists, etc.
To get started simply visit the Google Alerts page (you will need to be logged in to your Google account). Then start experimenting with search terms. You will see a preview of results at the bottom. I love getting the articles from other states and countries, but you can change that option for each individual alert.
You can also use this settings icon to choose delivery options.